Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The first...

Blogging seems to be the 'it' thing to do now, so here I am. I guess this makes me a follower, eh? So, my page tells (somewhere I think) you a little about me. 3 kids, a job and school. I don't think I told you my name though. Hi, I'm Jana, pronounced Jan-UH for those who aren't sure. The kiddies are 2 boys and a girl. Boys are 6 and 10, the girl is 8. Amongst our chaos there are 2 cats and a dog. Oldest boy has high functioning autism, he is ridiculously smart but his people skills stink. He's way cooler than your 'perfect' child, I assure you that. Youngest boy is also really smart, we believe he will some day be an engineer of some kind. He is forever building things and is a great problem solver but he can be super stubborn. The girl is the smart kid who is really stubborn . Hmm, I wonder where these kids get all that stubborness? She doesn't want us to know she's smart though. She isn't fooling anyone. I can see right through the hair tossing, foot stomping and homework crumpling. Me.. What about me?  I'm not a fan of people,I have no patience...Well, over time you will see who I am, or at least form an opinion on who you think I am. I have no intentions to use perfect grammar on this blog. I just plan to be me and use this as my platform to ramble on about my life. I currently attend Culinary school for International baking and pastry. For some this may sound super easy. I mean it's 'just cooking' right?  You see, some people are born with a natural talent. I was not. I have to pay a lot of  money to learn the talent. I only started in September of 2010, so everything is still new. I'm not sure if I have a natural talent for anything, because if I do, I have yet to find it.  I am a prep cook for a restaurant at a popular-ish New England tourist spot. That job sorta inspired this blog. I was given the task of making samples for a wedding and decided why not blog about it. I am just an average joe trying to learn this art of baking, I'm not a skilled, been doing this for years, fancy schmancy baker. I can relate to those who have burnt their cookies (or bread!), collapsed their cake or forgot that important ingredient.  So that's that. Now I must return to the land of motherhood and convince the children it would be a great idea if they went to bed early. Hopefully sooner rather than later I'll return with a blog about the samples and my attempt at homemade fondant.

2 comments: