Sunday, January 23, 2011

Practice makes perfect.

One day I will be the person everyone thinks about first when they need cookies, and cakes.  I know it will take years, a lot of practice and even some failure. My lack of patience will get in the way a lot I'm sure, but as long as I overcome the problem all is good right? I'm going to do it until I get it right even if it breaks me down.  Often, it seems as if people think 'It's only cooking.'  If it isn't done with all your heart poured into it, then I guess yes it is 'only cooking'.  A cake I make when I'm upset and don't really want bake isnt going to be the best cake. On the flipside of that,  sometimes baking is how I cheer myself. Why? Because I love it. Well, maybe not bread so much. Whatever you do, if you LOVE it will just be better. Let me pause right here and apologize for being a rambler and often not making any sense. You've now been warned.

So anyways, let's move on to the samples I was supposed to have made. Come to find out the client midweek found a bakery elsewhere, a high-end bakery I believe. Probably not a bad idea given I'm fairly new to a piping bag. So I purchased the items for these samples because I did not hear from anyone to know about the clients decision.  Get to work Friday and find out, then agree to make some cookies up for the little bakeshop at work. I so kindly took step by step pics, hopefully they will work. I'm so computer stupid, unless of course it's facebook.  The pictures are crap quality because they were taken with my cell, sorry. I can definitely see that I need a lot of practice.  I am my own worst critic. Chef and the GM both said they liked them and they came out beautiful, but I still continue to critique them and see all the flaws. Confidence. I lack it. But again, I'm rambling. Here are some pictures.

                                                               
Step 1: Big Sugar cookies


Step2: Fondant ( I did not take a pic of the icing that holds the fondant on lol)



Step 3: Painted cookie.

Step 4: Lettering. I decided not to stay with the yellow for the lettering though.
Finished product.

That's it for tonight. I just realized how sleepy I really am! We are making lot's of goodies in school tomorrow and I need some Zzz's.
XoXoXoX

4 comments:

  1. Love them Jana! I will take two with a big glass of milk. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly will take two, but I will take the other five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likey! And BTW...your buttercream was a HUGE HIT!!! All my friends were like OMG its way better! And I am never buying canned frosting ever again!!!!

    ReplyDelete