Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eclairs, Swans & a Competition?

Today we made eclairs, swans and cream puffs filled with diplomat cream. I of course have some pictures to share, the eclairs look kind of 'eh' but I swear to you they taste delicious. I had to make-up a class last night for the last course (artisnal breads), it had been pushed a few times due to snow. I made bagels and croissant dough. It didn't surprise me at all that I was a tad frustrated with the bagels. I have yet to find myself comfortable with bread. I hope that in time it will feel a bit more natural and I wont feel so stressed out. Eclairs and swans today were fun. It's obvious I'm new to it though. Good thing I have school and great Chefs to help me out. People baking on TV make it look SO easy. Ha! Anywho, through all my frustration in  the breads course I still pulled an A for the course. I averaged 108 on quizzes, got a 91 on the final practical and a 97.something on the final exam. It feels awesome to finally be doing well at something. I have spent too many years feeling down and out.
Here are the pics of the goodies I made today. Reminder: My cell takes crappy pics.
Eclairs

Swans:



I was supposed to work 7-4 this coming Sunday, but I was informed when I called Chef this am to confirm my hours that I am not working there until 4. He said I will be there until 10am and then I am going with him to the Worcester's Best Chef competition. Originally I was supposed to go there at 4 after my brunch shift to help out. Now I am going to do the whole thing with him! How exciting is that? I am super nervous and totally excited for this oppurtunity. Everyone please wish me luck that my panic attacks stay at bay. It is going to be very crowded and probably pretty overwhelming. Hopefully we'll get some pics while we're there. worcestersbestchef.com  for those who might be interested in details. Ok, I went on and on about myself enough for one day. <3

3 comments:

  1. Totally awesome!!! <3 And you have every right to be proud of yourself!! You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sofa king proud of you! I am feeling like a mama bear watching her cub =0) LOL Keep on keepin on...you are going to excel at this!

    ReplyDelete